Department of Computer Applications was established at SNGIST in 2003. It offers three year Regular MCA (30 intake), two year Lateral MCA (60 intake) and five year Integrated MCA (60 intake) approved by AICTE, Government of India and is affiliated to Abdul Kalam Technical University (KTU). The department’s objective is to provide quality education to students through ‘experience by learning’. Different training programmes, seminars, workshops, add on courses, personality development and intensive placement training sessions are intended to prepare the young minds to face the challenges of software industry at par with the society.
The department is equipped with well qualified and experienced faculty members, class rooms with LCD projectors, software and hardware labs, wifi and a very good library facility.
Our Alumni are placed in different reputed organizations like Wipro, TCS, UST Global, Canara Bank, Federal Bank, Punjab National Bank, Union Bank of India, FlipKart,Infosys, Calpine Group, Tata Elxsi Limited, Suyati Technologies, Cool Mind Technologies, Lincsafe etc.
To develop quality Professionals having good knowledge, skills and attitude in the vast area of computer applications who can contribute to the society in a competent and socially responsible way through education and research.
- To provide strong theoretical foundation complemented with extensive practical training.
- To provide quality and competency-based education through necessary infrastructure
- To work closely with industry in undertaking training program needed in their industrial sector.
- To conduct research to solve problems of computer science and applications that contributes to the global society.
- More than 80% success in all batches
- Best MCA College Under Abdul Kalam Technological University
- Following latest updated syllabus including Android, Data Analytics, GitHub etc.
- Conducting Invited Talks from Industrial experts and academicians where the students get the opportunity to know the current industrial trends.
- Arranging industrial Visits
- “Inspiro”, Quiz Competition for UG and PLUS TWO students.
- Computer Awareness Programme for the Society
- Free Training Programmes conducted for School Children
- Our Students are participants of Spoken Tutorial project-IIT Bombay, an initiative of National Mission on Education through ICT, MHRD, Govt. of India.
- Achieved MGU III Rank in Regular MCA (2014-17), MGU IV Rank in Lateral MCA (2015-17)
- Our Alumni successfully placed in different reputed organizations like Wipro, TCS, UST Global, Canara Bank, Federal Bank, Punjab National Bank, Union Bank of India, FlipKart, Infosys, Calpine Group, Tata Elxsi Limited, Suyati Technologies, Cool Mind Technologies, Lincsafe etc.
- Ms. Vidhula Thomas of Regular MCA (2014-17) bagged III Rank ,MGU
- Ms. Anila Sam of Lateral MCA (2015-17) bagged IV Rank, MGU
- Ms. Ansiya Augustine of DDMCA (2014-19), Ms. Aiswarya of DDMCA (2015-20) are overall toppers in semester examinations
- Mr. Ajay Sivan is a young entrepreneur who is studying in VIII Semester DDMCA. He has developed many Android Applications. Please visit https://stern.com.
- Our Students of MCA have participated and represented SNGIST in many events of IT fests and have won prizes.
- Inizio, the National Level IT Fest is conducted by the students of MCA each year.
The placement cell of MCA department consists of both faculty and student members who coordinate all the placement activities. From each class 2 students are selected to be the part of the placement committee.
- One Week training Programme on ASP.NET was conducted for Lateral MCA II Sem Students from 20/2/18 to 24/2/18.
- One day workshop was conducted on March 1 st , 2018 for IV Sem Integrated MCA students on “Applied Statistical Analysis Using R”
- Two day workshop was conducted on 24 th and 30 th March 2017 on Hadoop technology
- One day workshop for lateral MCA second semester students was conducted on 17 th March 2017. The workshop was based on the Android technology
The department of Computer Applications MCA conducted a two day National level Seminar titled “Research Trends in Data mining” on 21 st and 22 nd July 2016 . The seminar discussed with Recent trends in data sciences and Big data research, Feature selection and Rough set theory and a hands on workshop on advanced data mining tools. The sessions were handled by Dr. M. Sudheep Elayidom , Assoc.Professor, CUSAT, Dr.Sabu M.K. , Asst. Professor, MES College Marampally and Dr. Vinod P , Prof. , SCMS college of Engineering, Karukutty.